ACADEMIC CALENDAR 2018-2019
Beginning: 1-9-2018 – Ending: 9-2-2019
Supplementary Examination Period: 3-9-2018 – 29-9-2018
Registration of first-year students: 2nd half of September
Classes begin on: 1-10-2018
Signing up for courses and registering for the winter semester: 1-10-2018 to 31-10-2018
Signing up for course books: 2nd half of October
Deadline to sign up for course books: 2nd half of December
Classes end on: 11-1-2019
Interval: 14-1-2019 to 18-1-2019
Exam period: 21-1-2019 to 9-2-2019
Beginning: 11-2-2019 – Ending: 29-6-2019
Classes begin on: 11-2-2019
Signing up for courses and registering for the spring semester: 1-2-2019 to 28-2-2019
Signing up for course books: 2nd half of March
Classes end on: 31-5-2019
Deadline to sign up for course books: 2nd half of May
Interval: 3-6-2019 to 7-6-2019
Exam period: 10-6-2019 to 29-6-2019
Supplementary Examination Period 2019: 2-9-2019 to 28-9-2019
The academic year begins on September 1 and ends on August 31 of the following year.
Classes are arranged in two semesters. Each semester includes at least 13 full weeks of classes, while 3 weeks are reserved for exams.
The winter semester begins on October 1 and the spring semester ends on May 31.
There are no courses or exams during the months of July and August). Other holidays include:
- Christmas holidays: December 24 to January 7.
- Carnival holidays: Fat Thursday (7/3/2019) to the day following Ash Monday (12/3/2019).
- Easter holidays: Good Monday (22/4/2019) to Low Sunday (5/5/2019).
- October 26th: Patron saint day (St. Demetrius). Liberation of Thessaloniki (national holiday).
- October 28th: “NO” Day, commemorating the rejection of fascism (national holiday).
- November 17th: Commemorating the Polytechnic uprising of 1973 against the military junta.
- January 30th: Three Holy Hierarchs day (religious holiday).
- March 25th: Independence Day / Commemorating the 1821 Revolution leading to liberation from the Ottoman yoke (national holiday).
- May 1st: Labour day (holiday-strike).
- Pentecost Monday: Movable religious feast (17/6/2019).